A Case on the HRM Model in One Indian Based Japanese Trading Establishment
Human Resources, International Management, Career Development, Organizational Management
JEL Classification : F23, J80, J83
Paper Submission Date : November 20, 2015 ; Paper sent back for Revision : December 21, 2015 ; Paper Acceptance Date : December 26, 2015.
- Chapagain, D. P. (2009). Japanese style management. Human resource management: Quality for competitiveness. From Signboards and Slogans, 1-8.
- Cole, M.A., Elliott, R. J.R., & Shimamoto, K. (2006). Globalization, firm-level characteristics and environmental management: A study of Japan. Ecological Economics,59 (3), 312- 323. doi:10.1016/j.ecolecon.2005.10.019
- Compa, L.(2004). Unfair advantage: Workers' freedom of association in the United States under international human rights standards. A human rights watch book. Ithaca and London: Cornell University Press, ILR Press.
- Dicken, P., & Miyamachi, Y. (1998). From noodles to satellites: The changing geography of the Japanese sogo shosha. Transactions of Institute of British Geographers , 23 (1), 55-78.
- Edmond, S. (2002). Exploring the success of expatriates of U.S. multinational firms in Mexico. International Trade Journal, 16 (3), 233- 255. DOI:10.1080/08853900290090773
- Embassy of Japan in India (JETRO). (2006) & (2015). Japanese business establishments in India. Retrieved from http://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/PDF/20150105_j_cos_list.pdf
- Gastin, D. (1999). Japanese trading companies: Their role in Australia's economic development (pp. 9-44). Australia: INSTATE Consultancy.
- Grill, T. V. (2012). Human resource management of Japanese companies in Hungary. Human Resource Management, 1 (1), 1-50.
- Gupta, S.C. (2006). International human resource management: Text book of IHRM. New Delhi: McGraw Hill.
- Harbison, F. (1959). Management in Japan. In F. Harbison and C.A. Myers (eds.), Management in the industrial world: An international analysis. New York : McGraw-Hill.
- Harzing, A.W. (2001). Who's in charge: An empirical study of executive staffing practices in foreign subsidiaries? Human Resource Management, 40 (2), 139-158. DOI: 10.1002/hrm.1004
- Harzing, A.W., & Pinnington, A. (2011). International human resource management (3rd edition). London: Sage Publications.
- JETRO. (2006) & (2015). Embassy of Japan in India. Retrieved from http://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/PDF/20150105_j_cos_list.pdf
- Keizer, A. B. (2008). Non- regular employment in Japan: Continued and renewed dualities. Work Employment & Society, 22 (3), 407-425. DOI: 10.1177/0950017008093478
- Keizer, A.B. (2010). Changes in Japanese employment practices: Beyond the Japanese model (1st edn., Book 4). Routledge : Routledge International Business in Asia.
- Keizer, A. B. (2011). Flexibility in Japanese internal labour markets: The introduction of performance- related pay. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 28 (3), 573-594. DOI : 10.1007/s10490-009-9170-3
- Larke, R., & Davies, K. (2006). Recent changes in the Japanese wholesale system and the importance of the Sogo Shosha. Retrieved from https://dspace.stir.ac.uk/bitstream/1893/1110/1/Larke_and_Davies_Feb_07.pdf
- Mark, Z. (1985). Dealing with the Japanese. United Kingdom : George Allen & Unwin.
- Patrick, R. (2013). Sogo Sosha: An insider's perspective. Marubeni Research Institute, pp. 3-9. Retrieved from http://www.marubeni.co.jp/research/index.html
- Pudelko, M., & Harzing, A.-W. (2010). Japanese human resource management: Inspirations from abroad and current trends of change. In, R. Bebenroth (ed.), International human resource management in Japan. London: Routledge.
- Reiche, B.S., & Harzing, A.W. (2011). International assignments (3rd edition). London : Sage Publications.
- Watanabe, T. (2003). Recent trends in Japanese human resource management: The introduction of a system of individual and independent career choice. Asian Business & Management, 2 (1) 111-141. doi:10.1057/palgrave.abm.9200029
- Welch, D.E., & Welch, L.S. (1997). Pre-expatriation: The role of HR factors in the early stages of internationalization. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 8 (4), 402-413. DOI:10.1080/095851997341522
- Willis, H.L. (1984). Selection for employment in developing countries. Personnel INIMM, Administrator, 29 (7), 26-50.
- There are currently no refbacks.