Strategic HR Orientation of Companies in India: A Content Analysis Approach
Content Analysis, Strategic HR, Annual Report, Organizational Performance
L00, M1, M5, O15
Paper Submission Date : March 18, 2015 ; Paper sent back for Revision : May 23, 2015 ; Paper Acceptance Date : June 18, 2015.
- Abeysekera, I. (2006). The project of intellectual capital disclosure: Researching the research. Journal of Intellectual Capital, 7 (1), 61-77.
- Abeysekera, I. (2008). Intellectual capital disclosure trends: Singapore and Sri Lanka. Journal of Intellectual Capital , 9 (4) , 723- 737.
- Abhayawansa, S., & Abeysekera, I. (2008). An explanation of human capital disclosure form the resource based perspective. Journal of Human Resource Costing and Accounting, 12 (1), 51-64.
- Arvidsson., S. (2003). The extent of disclosure on intangibles in annual reports. Paper presented at the 4th annual SNEE Congress in Mölle, 20-23 May, 2003. School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Sweden. Retrieved from http://www.snee.org/filer/papers/169.pdf
- Baird, L., & Meshoulam, I. (1988). Managing two fits of strategic human resource management. Academy of Management Review, 13 (1), 116 -128.
- Barney, J. (1992). Integrating organizational behaviour and strategy formulation research: A resource based analysis. In P. Shrivastava, A. Huff, & J. Dutton (eds.), Advances in Strategic Management ( Vol. 8, pp. 39-61). Greenwich, Conn. : JAI Press.
- Barney, J.B. (1995). Looking inside for competitive advantage. Academy of Management Executive, 9 (4), 49-61.
- Bhardwaj, A.S. (2000). A resource based perspective on information technology capabilities and firm performance: An empirical investigation. MIS Quarterly, 24 (1), 169-196.
- Bhatnagar, J., & Sharma, A. (2005). The Indian perspectives of strategic HR roles and organizational learning capability. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 16 (9), 1711-1739.
- Bhojanna, U., Srikanth, I.G., & Tiwari, A. (2013). Strategic HR: Success key to organizational effectiveness. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 6 (5), 20-25. doi:10.17010/pijom/2013/v6i5/59997
- Bontis, N. (2002). Intellectual capital disclosure in Canadian corporations. Journal of Human Resource Costing & Accounting, 7 (1/2), 9-20.
- Boulton, R., D., Libert, B. D., Samek, S., & Anderson, A. (2000). Cracking the value code: How successful businesses are creating wealth in the new economy. New York : Harper Business.
- Chouhan, J. S. (2013). A review of sustainable human resource management in schools. Prabandhan : Indian Journal of Management, 6 (6), 25-31. doi:10.17010/pijom/2013/v6i6/60005
- Chow, I. H., Huang, J.-C., & Liu, S. (2008). Strategic HRM in China: Configuration and competitive advantage. Human Resource Management, 47 (4), 687-706.
- Colbert, B. A. (2004). The complex resource based view: Implication for theory and practice in strategic human resource management. Academy of Management Review, 29 (3), 341-358.
- Edvinsson, L., & Malone, M. S. (1997). Intellectual capital: Realizing your company's true value by finding its hidden brain power. New York : Harper Business.
- Firer, S., & Williams, M. S. (2003). Intellectual capital and traditional measures of corporate performance. Journal of Intellectual Capital, 4 (3), 348-360.
- Griffith, D. A., Jacobs, L., & Richey, R. G. (2006). Fitting strategy derived from strategic orientation to international contexts. Thunderbird International Business Review, 48 (2), 239-262.
- Gunnigle, P., & Moore, S. (1994). Linking business strategy and human resource management: Issue and implications. Personnel Review, 23 (1), 63-84.
- Guthrie, J., Petty, R., & Ricceri, F. (2006). The voluntary reporting of intellectual capital: Comparing evidence from Hong Kong and Australia. Journal of Intellectual Capital, 7 (2), 254- 271.
- Hassan, M., Hagen, A., & Daigs, I. (2006). Strategic human resources as a strategic weapon for enhancing labor productivity: Empirical evidence. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 5, 75 - 96.
- Inchausti, B. G. (1997 ). The influence of company characteristics and accounting regulations on information disclosed by Spanish firms. The European Accounting Review, 1(1), 45-68.
- International Federation of Accountant (IFAC). (1998). The measurement and management of intellectual capital: An introduction study. New York : IFAC.
- Inyang, B. J. (2010). Strategic human resource management (SHRM): A paradigm shift for achieving sustained competitive advantage in organization. International Bulletin of Business Administration, 7, 23-32.
- Lawler III, E.E., & Mohrman, S.A. (2003). HR as a strategic partner: What does it take to make it happen? Human Resource Planning, 26 (3), 1-30.
- Leede, J. D., & Looise, J. K. (2005). Innovation and HRM: Towards an integrated framework. Creativity and Innovation Management, 14 (2), 108-117.
- Martell, K., & Carroll, S. J. (1995). How strategic is HRM? Human Resource Management Summer, 34 (2), 253-267.
- Mckelvey, B. (1983). Organizational systematic: Taxonomy, evolution and classification. Berkeley, CA : University of California Press.
- Muhammad, N. M. N., & Ismail, M. K. A. (2009). Intellectual capital efficiency and firm's performance: Study on Malaysian financial sectors. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 1 (2), 206-212.
- Orens, R., Aerts, W., & Lybaert, N. (2009). Intellectual capital disclosure, cost of finance and firm value. Management Decision, 47(10), 1536-1554.
- Owusu-Ansah, S. (1998). The impact of corporate attributes on the extent of mandatory disclosure and reporting by listed companies in Zimbabwe. The International Journal of Accounting, 33 (5), 605-631.
- Parry, E. (2011). An examination of e-HRM as a means to increase the value of the HR functions. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 22 (5), 1146 - 1162.
- Rao, R. N., Vani, H., & Meesala, A. (2014). The impact of best HR practices and employee engagement on career success: A discriminant analysis. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 7 (1), 5-14. doi:10.17010/pijom/2014/v7i1/59234
- Schuler, R. S., & Jackson, S. E. (1987). Linking competitive strategies with human resource management practices. The Academy of Management Executive, 1 (3), 207-219.
- Shukla, S. (2014). Emerging issues and challenges for public sectors banks of India. Procedia- Social and Behavioural Science, 133, 358-363.
- Singhvi, S.S., & Desai, H.B. (1971). An empirical analysis of the quality of financial disclosure. The Accounting Review, 46 (1), 129-138.
- Sonnier, B. M., Carson K. D., & Carson, P. P.. (2007). Accounting for intellectual capital: The relationship between profitability and disclosures. Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, 12 (2), 3-14.
- Steward, T. (1997). Intellectual capital: The new wealth of organizations. New York : Nicholas Brealey Publishing.
- Sveiby, K. E., (1997). The new organizational wealth: Managing and measuring knowledge based assets. San Francisco, CA : Berrett-Koehler Publisher.
- Ugheoke, S. O., Isa, M. F. M., Noor, W. S. W. M. (2015). Antecedents of strategic human resource management practices on intangible firm performance: Analytical Investigation of SME's. Asian Social Science, 11(13), 33-44.
- Ullah, M. H., & Karim, M. T. (2015). Human resource disclosure in annual report of the listed banking companies in Bangladesh. Global Journal of Quantitative Science, 2 (1), 7-19.
- Ullah, M. H., Uddin, M. H., & Khanam, R. (2014). Relationship between human resource disclosure and company attributes: An empirical study on textile companies in Bangladesh. International Journal of Accounting and Financial Reporting, 4 (2), 571-586.
- Ulrich, D. (1997). Measuring human resources: An overview of practice and a prescription for result. Human Resource Management, 36 (3), 303–320.
- Usoff, C., Thibodeau, J. C., & Burnaby, P. (2002). The importance of intellectual capital and its effect on performance measurement system. Managerial Auditing Journal, 17 (1/2), 9-15.
- Wallace, R.S.O. (1987). Corporate financial reporting in Nigeria. Accounting and Business Research, 18, 352-62.
- Wallace, R.S.O., & Naser, K. (1995). Firm specific determinants of the comprehensiveness of mandatory disclosure in the corporate annual reports of firms listed on the stock exchange of Hong Kong. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 14 (4), 311-368.
- Wanderley, L. S. O., Lucian, R., Farache, F., & Filho, J. M. D. S. (2008). CSR disclosure on web: A context based approach to analysing the influence of country of origin and industry sector. Journal of Business Ethics, 82 (2), 369-378.
- Wang, X., & Khilji, E. S. (2006).Intended and implemented HRM: The missing linchpin in strategic human resource management research. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 17 (7), 1171-1189.
- Wei, L. (2006). Strategic human resource management: Determinants of fit. Research and Practice in Human Resource Management, 14 (2), 49-60.
- Wei, L.- Q., Liu, J., Zhang, Y., & Chiu, R. K. (2008).The role of corporate culture in the process of strategic human resource management evidence from Chinese enterprises. Human Resource Management, 47 (4) (Winter), 777-794.
- William, S.M. (2001). Is intellectual capital performance and disclosure practices related? Journal of Intellectual Capital, 2 (3), 192-203.
- Wright, P. M., & McMahan, G. C. (1992). Theoretical perspectives for strategic human resource management. Journal of Management, 18 (2), 295-320.
- There are currently no refbacks.