A Review of Work-Life Balance Practices Prevalent in Public Sector Undertakings in India
Work-Life Balance Practices, Employee, Performance, Public Sector
L00, L2, L4
Paper Submission Date: July 28,2014; Paper sent back for Revision : December 5, 2014; Paper Acceptance Date: December 23, 2014.
- Arysri, A.R., & Babu, S S (2009). Impact of flextime on work-life balance practice on employee retention. NHRD Network Journals, 2 (3), 68-75.
- Beauregard, T., & Henry, L.C. (2009). Making the link between work-life balance practices and organizational performance. Human Resource Management Review, 19 (1),9-22.
- Bruck, C. S, Allen, T. D., & Spector, P. E (2002). The relation between work-family conflict and job satisfaction: A finer-grained analysis. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 60 (3), 336-353.
- Chandresekar, S.K, Suma, S R, Nair, R S, & Anu, S R (2013). A study on work life balance among the executives in IT industry with special reference to Technopark, Trivandrum, Kerala. Asian Journal of Multidimensional Research, 2 (3), 35-52.
- Chiang, H. Y, & Takeuchi, M. (2008).The effect of work-life balance policies on women employees' turnover (Doctoral Dissertation). OSIPP Discussion Paper: DP-2008-E-008. Retrieved from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoddownload?doi=10.1.1.392.1624&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Duggal & Tiwari (2012). Work-life balance: A study of employee well-being and performance of employee in service sector. Retrieved from www.studymode.com
- Duxbury, L, & Higgins, C. (2001). Work-life balance in the new millennium: Where are we? Where do we need to go? (CPRN Discussion Paper No. W/12) Ottawa. Canadian policy Research Networks. Retrieved from http://www.cprn.org/documents'7314_en.PDF
- Estes, S. B., & Michael, J. (2005). Work-family policies and gender inequality at work. Sloan Work and Family Encyclopedia entry. Retrieved from http://wfnetwork.bc.edu/encydopedia_entry.php?id=1230&area=All
- Fleetwood, S (2005). Ontology in organization and management studies: A critical realist approach. Organization, 12 (2), 197-222. DOl: 10.1177/1350508405051188
- Genhaus, J.H., & Beutell, N.J. (1985). socurcesof conflict between work and family roles. The Academy of Management Review, 10 (1),76-88.
- Gutek, B. A, Searle, S, & Kelpa, L (1991). Rational versus gender role explanations for work-family conflict Journal of Applied Psychology, 76 (4), 560-568.
- Herman, J.B., & Gyllstrom, K.K. (1977).Working men and women: Inter- and intra-role conflict. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 1(4), 319 - 333. DOl: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.1977.tb00558.x
- Kar, S, & Misra, K C. (2013). Nexus between work life balance practices and employee retention The mediating effect of a supportive culture. Asian Social Science,9 (11), 63-69.
- Lakshmi, K S, & Gopinath, S S (2013). Work-life balance of women employees With reference to teaching faculties. Abhinav International Monthly Referred Journal of Research in Management & Technology, 2 (1), 53-62.
- Mohan, N., Prabha, N., & Mohanraj, P. (2010). Work life balance through flexi work arrangements: Empirical study on bank employees. International Journal of Management, 1 (2), 53-61.
- Nanthakumar, S (2014). Work life balance of BHEL's employees. The International Journal of Applied Management and Business Utility, 2 (1), 207-210.
- Osterman, P. (1995). Work/family programmes and the employment relationship. Administrative Science Quarterly, 40 (2), 681-700.
- Peggy, C. H. F. (2007). Work-life balance: The impact of family friendly policies on employees' job satisfaction and turnover intention. Hong Kong Baptist University. Retrieved from http://lib-sca.hkbu.edu.hkltrsimage/hp/05003458.pdf
- Puri, M. (2012, July 16). Best companies to work for 2012: How NTPC takes care of its employees with people-friendly policies. The Economic Times. Retrieved from http://artides.economictimes.indiatimes.com/ 2012-07-161 news' 32698226_ 1_ntpcempl oyees-arup-roy-choudhury-iit-delhi
- Saltzstein, A L, Ting, Y, & saltzstein, G. H. (2001). Work-family balance and job satisfaction: The impact of family-friendly policies on attitudes of federal government employees. Public Administration Review, 61 (4), 452-467. DOI: 10.1111/0033-3352.00049
- Shagvaliyeva, S, & Yazdanifard, R (2014). Impact of flexible working hours on work-life balance. American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 4(1), 20-23. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ajibm.2014.41004
- Singh, S (2013). An empirical study on the status of work - life balance in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC). Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 7 (1),27-36.
- Sree, K & Devi, S. (2013). Work-life balance of employee: A study on selected public and private sector undertakings (Doctoral dissertation). University of Andhra, Visakhapatnam.
- Ueda, Y (2012). The relationship between work-life balance programs and employee satisfaction: Gender differences in the moderating effect of annual income. Journal of Business Administration Research, 1(1),65-74.
- Vittal (2003). Strategies to empower women in the IT sector. In The International Conference on Women in the Digital Era: Opportunities and Challenges, December 10-12 Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu.
- Yadav, R K, & Dabhade, N. (2013). Work-life balance amongst the working women in public sector banks-A case study of State Bank of India. International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences, 7 (1), 1-22.
- There are currently no refbacks.