A Study of Credit Rating Potential and Awareness Among SMEs in Baddi Region of Himachal Pradesh
Purpose: This research paper aims to find out the awareness level of credit-rating agencies among SMEs and to find out the factors which enhance the growth of credit rating products.
Design/Methodology/Approach: Data was collected through self administered survey of around 150 SMEs in Baddi, Una and Panchkula region, and exploratory factor analysis was conducted to analyze the data with the help of SPSS 16.0.
Findings: The findings reported that most of the SMEs lacked awareness about Credit rating products. The three factors which can enhance the effectiveness of credit rating companies are managerial effectiveness, credibility and creative marketing efforts.
Originality/Value: This paper provides an empirical evidence of SMEs awareness about credit rating products. This paper also suggests why SMEs are lacking opportunities of getting benefits of Credit rating products.
Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Credit Rating
- Ali, M. S., & Sristy, S. K. (2010). "Entrepreneurial Opportunities For Foreign Investors In The Indian Small Industry Sector - A Study Report." Prabandhan : Indian Journal of Management, 3(4), pp. 25-29, pp. 56-57.
- Bheemanagouda, & Madegowda, J. (2010). "Working of Credit Rating Agencies in India:An Analysis of Investors' Perception." The IUP Journal of Behavioral Finance, 8(2), pp.92-109.
- Carey, D. Antoinette, F. (2005) "Is Bank Finance The ACHILLES' Heel Of Irish SMEs?" Journal of European Industrial Training, 29(9), p. 712.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_rating accessed on December 11, 2011.
- http://www.askbiography.com/bio/Economy_of_India.html accessed on December, 10, 2011.
- http://www.financialexpress.com/news/credit-rating-for-ssi-units-likely-to-be-introduced-soon/118523 accessed on December11, 2011.
- http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/mcb/003/2005/00000029/00000009/art00003 accessed on December, 11, 2011.
- http://www.nickmutt.com/small-scale-industries-in-india.htm accessed on December, 11, 2011.
- Iyengar, S. (2012). "The Credit Rating Agencies-Are They Reliable? A Study of Sovereign Ratings." Vikalpa : The Journal For Decision Makers,37(1), pp. 69-81.
- Kraussl, R. (2005). "Do Credit Rating Agencies Add To Dynamics of Emerging Market Arises?" Journal of Financial Stability, 1(1), pp.355-385.
- Kumar, G. R., & Singh, R. (2009). "Competitor Perception of Small India Manufacturer-A study of Punjab units." Journal of Competitiveness, 3(2), pp. 27-40.
- Lakshmi, P. V., & Murugan, M. S. ( 2009). "A Market Study on Bank Credit Facilities to Small and Medium Enterprises." The ICFAI University Journal of Bank Management, 8(2), pp.64-73.
- Ma, Y., & Lin, S. (2010). "Credit crunch' and Small-and Medium sized Enterprises Aspects affecting survival." Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 14(4), pp.290-300.
- Ongori, H. (2008). "Barriers To ICTs Adoption In SMEs: Evidence From A Developing Country Perspective." Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 1(2), pp. 12-17.
- Pinto, S., & Raghurama, A. (2010). "Entrepreneurship Among Minorities In Small Scale Industries : Literature Review And Research Perspectives." Prabandhan : Indian Journal of Management, 3(10), pp. 32-41.
- Sharma, R. (2011). "Exporting SSI's in Haryana : Opportunities and Threats." Prabandhan : Indian Journal of Management, 4(6), pp. 37-43.
- There are currently no refbacks.