A Study on Job Satisfaction Among Employees in an Automobile Sales and Service Company
Job Satisfaction, Factors, Demographic Factors, Automobile Industry, Remuneration, Working Relationships
J00, J28, L810, L920, M54
Paper Submission Date : September 4, 2013 ; Paper sent back for Revision : October 27, 2013 ; Paper Acceptance Date : December 16, 2013.
- Akbar, S.W., Yousaf, M., Ul Haq, N., & Hunjra, A.I. (2011). Impact of employee empowerment on job satisfaction: An empirical analysis of Pakistani service industry. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 2 (11), 680-685.
- Borah, S. (2012). Employee job satisfaction: A case study on the pipeline department of Oil India Limited. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 5 (9), 32-36.
- Brown, J., Cooper, C., & Kirkcaldy B. (1996). Occupational stress among senior police officers. British Journal of Psychology, 87(1), 31-41.
- Hackman, J. R., & Oldham, G. R. (1976). Motivation through the design of work: Test of a theory. Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, 16 (2), 250-279. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(76)90016-7
- Herzberg, F. (1966). Work and the nature of man (pp. 71-91). Cleveland: World Publishing Company.
- Judge, T. A., Locke, E. A., & Durham, C. C. (1997). The dispositional causes of job satisfaction: A core evaluations approach. Research in Organizational Behavior, 19, 151-188.
- Judge, T.A., Thoresen, C.J., Bono, J.E., & Patton, C.R. (2001). The job satisfaction-job performance relationship: A qualitative and quantitative review. Psychological Bulletin, 127 (3), 376-407.
- Locke, E. A. (1976). The nature and causes of job satisfaction. In M. D. Dunnette (Ed.), Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology (1297-1349). Chicago: Rand McNally.
- Muralidharan, C., Krishnaveni. R., & Venkatram, R (2013). Impact of job satisfaction on intention to quit: A study on customer service providers in commercial banks. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 6 (7), 15-25.
- Newstrom, D. (2007). Organization behavior (p. 123). New Delhi : Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Parvin, M.M., & Nurul Kabir, M.M. (2011). Factors affecting employee job satisfaction of pharmaceutical sector. Australian Journal of Business and Management Research, 1 (9), 113-123.
- Payne, S.C., & Webber, S.S. (2006). Effects of service provider attitudes and employment status on citizenship behaviors and customers' attitudes and loyalty behavior. Journal of Applied Psychology, 91(2), 365-378.
- Robins, S.P., Judge, T.A., & Vohra, N. (2011). Organizational behavior (14th Edition, pp. 24-25).New Delhi : Pearson Publication.
- Raosoft (n.d.). Sample size calculator. Retrieved from http://www.raosoft.com/samplesize.html
- Sarwar, S., & Abugre, J. (2013). The influence of rewards and job satisfaction on employees in the service industry. The Business & Management Review, 3 (2), 22-32.
- Selvakumar, M., & Dhanalakshmi, V. (2012). Job Satisfaction of women teachers in matriculation schools: A study with reference to Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 5 (10), 41-54.
- SHRM (2012) Employee job satisfaction & engagement survey report. Retrieved from http://www.shrm.org/LegalIssues/StateandLocalResources/StateandLocalStatutesandRegulations/Documents/12-0537%202012_JobSatisfaction_FNL_online.pdf
- Solomon, R. L., & Corbit, J. D. (1974). An opponent-process theory of motivation: I. Temporal dynamics of affect. Psychological Review, 81 (2), 119-145. DOI: 10.1037/h0036128
- Sowmya, K.R., (July 2013). Job satisfaction and turnover intention in organizations: A study across sectors in Indian perspective. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 6 (7), 5-14.
- Srivastava, S. (2013). Job satisfaction and organizational commitment relationship: Effect of personality variables. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective, 17 (2), 159 - 167. DOI: 10.1177/0972262912483529
- Staw B.M., & Cohen-Charash, Y. (2005). The dispositional approach to job satisfaction: More than a mirage, but not yet an oasis. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 26 (1), 59-78. DOI: 10.1002/job.299
- Swarnalatha, C., & Sureshkrishna, G. (2012). Job satisfaction among employees of automotive industries in India. International Journal of Future Computer and Communication, 1 (3), 245-248.
- Young K.M., & Cooper, C.L. (1997). Occupational stress in the Ambulance service: A diagnostic study. Health Manpower Management, 23 (4), 140-147. DOI:10.1108/09552069710184418
- There are currently no refbacks.