Moderating Effect of Work Place Support on the Social Life of Night Shift Employees
Shift Work, Night Shift, Night Shift Hassles, Night Shift Hours, Leisure Time, Social Relationship, Social Life
I310, J800, J810
Paper Submission Date : February 6, 2017 ; Paper sent back for Revision : May 16, 2017 ; Paper Acceptance Date : May 27, 2017.
- Chandel, K., & Kaur, R. (2015). Exploring various contributors of work-life balance as a panacea for occupational stress. Prabhandhan : Indian Journal of Management, 8(1), 9-20. DOI: 10.17010/pijom/2015/v8i1/61247
- Cohen, S. (2004). Social relationships and health. The American Psychologist, 59 (8), 676 - 684.DOI: 10.1037/0003-066X.59.8.676
- Costa, G., Sartori, S., & Akerstedt, T. (2006). Influence of flexibility and variability of working hours on health and well-being. US National library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, 23 (6), 1125 - 1137.DOI: 10.1080/07420520601087491
- Crew, S. (2006). A qualitative study on effects of working unsocial hours. NT Research, 102 (23), 30-33.
- Eichler, A. (2011, December 14). Night workers have greater feelings of social isolation: Study. Huff Post. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/night-weekend-shift-workers_n_1148331
- Foster, B. L. (2014). The night shift. Psychology Today. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201404/the-night-shift
- Herbert, A. (1983). The influence of shiftwork on leisure activities: A study with repeated measurement. Ergonomics, 26 (6), 565 - 574.DOI: 10.1080/00140138308963375
- James, F. A., & Sudha, S. (2015). An analysis of the effects of shift work on the lives of married employees. Prabhandhan : Indian Journal of Management, 8(11), 26 - 33. DOI: 10.17010/pijom/2015/v8i11/81250
- Jansen, N. W. H., Kant, I. J., Nijhuis, F. J. N., Swaen, G.M.H, & Kristensen, T. S. (2004). Impact of worktime arrangements on work-home interference among Dutch employees. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health, 30 (2), 139 - 148. DOI: 10.5271/sjweh.771
- Jansen, N.W.H., Kant, I., Kristensen, T. S., & Nijhuis, F. J. (2003). Antecedents and consequences of work-family conflict : A prospective cohort study. Journal of Occupation and Environmental Medicine, 45 (5), 79 - 91. DOI: 10.1097/01.jom.0000063626.37065.e8
- Kossek, E. E., Pitchler, S., Bodner, T., & Hammer, L. B. (2011). Workplace social support and work family conflict : A meta analysis clarifying the influence of general and work-family-specific supervisor and organizational support. Personnel Psychology, 64 (2), 289 - 313. DOI: 10.1111/j.1744-6570.2011.01211.x
- Memon, S. (2013, September 13). The solitude of working nights. The Atlantic. Retrieved from https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/09/the-solitude-of-working-nights/279745/
- Mott, P.E., Mann, F.C., McLoughlin, Q., & Warwick, D.P. (1965). Shiftwork: The social, psychological, and physical consequences. Ann Arbor, MI : University of Michigan Press.
- Perrucci, R., MacDermid, S., King, R., Tang, C.Y., Brimeyer, T., Ramadoss, K., Kiser, S.J., & Swanberg, J. (2007). The significance of shift work : Current status and future directions. Journal of Family and Economic Issues, 28 (4), 600 - 617. DOI: 10.1007/s10834-007-9078-3
- Robert, A.S., & Carla, S. S. (1996). Moderating effects of social support in shift working and non-shift working nurses. Work & Stress : An International Journal of Work, Health & Organization, 10 (2), 128 - 140.DOI: 10.1080/02678379608256792
- Rupashree, G. (2012). Shift work and its effect on social and personal life. International Journal of Research in Management Economies and Commerce, 2 (4), 47- 63.
- Tausig, M., & Fenwick, R. (2001). Unbinding time: Alternate work schedules and work-life balance. Journal of Family and Economic Issues, 22 (2), 101 - 119. DOI: 10.1023/A:1016626028720
- Walker, J. (1985). Social problems of shiftwork. In S. Folkard, & T. H. Monk (Eds.), Hours of work: Temporal factors in work scheduling (pp. 211 - 225). New York : John Wiley.
- There are currently no refbacks.