A Study of Protean Career Orientation and Organizational Commitment of Permanent and Contractual Faculty Teaching Professional Courses in Delhi - NCR
Protean Career Orientation, Protean Attitude, Permanent and Contractual Faculty in India, Multitasking in Academia, Protean Career and Organizational Commitment
I23, M10, M12
Paper Submission Date : December 10, 2016 ; Paper sent back for Revision : March 7, 2017 ; Paper Acceptance Date : March 20, 2017.
- Adekola, B.(2010). Work engagement among secondary school English teachers in Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences, 7 (2), 51 - 55.
- Agarwala, T. (2003). Innovative human resource practices and organizational commitment : An empirical investigation. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 14 (2), 175- 197.
- All India Survey on Higher Education. (n.d.). Annexure 2 : Concepts and definitions. Retrieved from http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/ebook/ebook_files/annexures/Annexure-2.pdf
- Bagga, T., Bansal, S., Kumar, P., & Jain, S. (2016). New wave of accreditation in Indian higher education : Comparison of accreditation bodies for management programmes. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 9 (8), 26 - 40. DOI : 10.17010/pijom/2016/v9i8/99778
- Bisht, K.S. (2012). Assessment of professional contribution of contract lecturers in colleges : A trend in education. International Journal of Behavioral Social and Movement Sciences, 3 (3), 79-82.
- Briscoe, J. P., & Finkelstein, L.M. (2009). The "new career" and organizational commitment: Do boundaryless and protean attitudes make a difference? Career Development International, 14 (3), 242 - 260.
- Briscoe, J. P., & Hall, D. T. (1999). Grooming and picking leaders using competency frameworks: Do they work? Organizational Dynamics (Autumn), 28(4), 37 - 52.
- Briscoe, J. P., & Hall, D. T. (2002). The protean orientation: Creating the adaptable workforce necessary for flexibility and speed. In Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Denver. Retrieved from http://www.ipedr.com/vol71/002-ICCKS2014_S00008.pdf
- Briscoe, J. P., & Hall, D. T. (2006). The interplay of boundaryless and protean careers: Combinations and implications. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 69 (1), 4 - 18.
- Briscoe, J.P., Hall, D.T., & Demuth, R.L.F. (2006). Protean and boundaryless careers: An empirical exploration. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 69, 30 - 47.
- Cascio, W. (2003). Changes in workers, work, and organizations. In C. Borman, D. R. Ilgen, and R. J. Klimoski (Eds), Handbook of psychology, industrial and organizational psychology (Vol. 12 , pp. 401- 422). New York : Wiley.
- Choudhury, D.K. (2016). Sustainable research culture for enhancing the quality of deliverables in classroom teaching - learning environment: An in depth analysis. Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, 9 (9), 27- 43. doi:10.17010/pijom/2016/v9i9/101505
- Contractual faculty of engg college goes on strike. (2016, February 20). The Times of India. Retrieved from http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/Contractual-faculty-of-engg-college-goes-on-strike/articleshow/51063614.cms
- Fearon, C., Nachmias, S., McLaughlin, H., & Jackson, S. (2016). Personal values, social capital and higher education student career decidedness : A 'new' protean informed model. Studies in Higher Education, 41(6), 1-23.
- Fischer, K. W. (1980). A theory of cognitive development : The control and construction of hierarchies of skills. Psychological Review, 87 (6), 477 - 531.
- Gardner, M., & Palmer, G. (1997). Employment relations : Industrial relations and human resource management in Australia (2nd ed.). Melbourne, Australia : Macmillan.
- Gerstman, R.L (1998). Multiple career identities : The key to career development and career transitions of second advanced degree seekers (Dissertation, The University of Texas, Austin). Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/36239457_Multiple_career_identities_the_key_to_career_development_and_career_transitions_of_second_advanced_degree_seekers_pdf
- Hall, D. T. (1976). Careers in organizations. Glenview, IL: Scott Foresman.
- Hall, D. T. (2004). The protean career: A quarter-century journey. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 65 (1), 1-13.
- Hall, D. T., & Moss, J. E. (1998).The new protean career contract : Helping organizations and employees adapt. Organizational Dynamics, 26 (3), 22-37.
- Hogan, B.E. (2010). Faculty engagement at British Columbia Institute of Technology: A case study in institutional decision making (Unpublished Ph.D Thesis), Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada. Retrieved from http://summit.sfu.ca/item/9987
- Indian Education Review. (2013, August 29). 50% DU teachers ad-hoc, insecure of future: Survey. Retrieved from http://www.indiaeducationreview.com/features/50-du-teachers-ad-hoc-insecure-future-survey
- InterExchange. (2012, June 25). The value of multitasking in the modern work place. Retrieved from https://www.interexchange.org/career-training-usa/news/value-multitasking-modern-workplace/
- Livingston, J. (2011). Defining and measuring faculty engagement (Doctoral Thesis), Retrieved from http://gradworks.proquest.com/3467979.pdf
- Maguire, H. (2002). Psychological contracts: Are they still relevant ? Career Development International, 7(3), 167 - 181.
- McGuire, D. (2014). Human resource development. London, Britain: Sage Publications.
- Maykut, P., & Morehouse, R. (1994). Beginning qualitative research: A philosophical and practical guide. Falmer, London: Routledge.
- Meyer, J. P., & Allen, N. J. (1987). Organizational commitment: Toward a three-component model (Research Bulletin No. 660). The University of Western Ontario, Department of Psychology, London.
- Meyer, J.P., & Allen, N.J. (1991). A three-component conceptualization of organizational commitment. Human Resource Management Review, 1 (1), 61 - 98.
- Mowday, R. T., Steers, R. M., & Porter, L. W. (1979). The measurement of organizational commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 14 (2), 224 - 247.
- Nunnally, J. C. (1978). Psychometric theory (2nd ed.). New York, USA : McGraw-Hill.
- Rahim, N.B., & Siti-Rohaida, M. Z. (2015). Protean career orientation and career goal development : Do they predict engineer's psychological well being? Procedia-Social and Behavioural Sciences, 172 (1), 270 - 277.
- Rosenholtz, S. J., & Simpson, C. (1990). Workplace conditions and the rise and fall of teachers' commitment. Sociology of Education, 63 (4), 241 - 257.
- Rosser, V., & Townsend, B. (2006). Determining public 2-year college faculty's intent to leave: An empirical model. The Journal of Higher Education, 77(1), 124-147.
- Schaufeli, W.B., Bakker, A. B., & Salanova, M. (2006). The measurement of work engagement with a short questionnaire : A cross national study. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 66 (4), 701-716.
- Varma, S. (2013, November 10). Indian higher education : 40% of college teachers temporary, quality of learning badly hit. The Times of India. Retrieved from http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Indian-higher-education-40-of-college-teachers-temporary-quality-of-learning-badly-hit/articleshow/25520250.cms
- Wilensky, H.L. (1960). Work, careers and social integration. International Social Science Journal, 12 (4), 543 - 574.
- There are currently no refbacks.